Reaching Out With The Gospel Of Jesus Christ
Our Motto: “Changed Lives Change Communities”
Our Prayer: “Let us be a force that impacts our World with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit”
It all began in 1976 when Pastor Brent and Judy Roberson moved from Mahomet along with their four kids to Ohio so that Brent could attend Mt. Vernon Bible College. Following Pastor Brent’s graduation the family moved back to Mahomet to plant a church. The first church service was held at the Mahomet Area Community Center on September 16, 1980. As the church grew, they moved to a location on Spring Lake Road in December of 1981. In order to meet expanding needs, they began holding services in our present location at 200 W. Washington Street in December of 1984.
Thanks to the vision and prayers of a few believers SVCC was birthed, has grown to be a healthy body and continues to impact people’s lives in the surrounding communities. Under the leadership of its founding pastors, Brent and Judy, the church provided a ministry of love, acceptance, and forgiveness to many lives.These same principles guide the church today under the leadership of Pastor Caleb Ingrum.
Pastor Caleb first came on staff in 2011 and in 2012 it was announced to the church that he would begin transitioning to the role of Senior Pastor with the guidance of Pastor Brent. In 2013 the Heartland District supervisor of the Foursquare Church, Dan Mundt, made the decision to appoint Pastor Caleb as Senior Pastor. Pastor Brent became Pastor Emeritus and continues in this role today. Under the leadership of Pastor Caleb the church continues to see Jesus build His church in Mahomet and the surrounding communities.
GO, MEND, TRAIN, SEND
- The Word of God
- The empowerment of the Holy Spirit
- The Family
- Jesus Christ’s virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial each, triumphant resurrection, ascension and the promise of His Second Coming.
- The servant hood of the believer to his fellowman because of this sanctity of human life and the responsibility to serve others.
- The ministry of the Word of God and personal obedience to Its decrees.
- The freedom of expression in worship.
- The indwelling person of the Holy Spirit to empower the believer.
- Prayer as a vital part of a person’s communion with God.
- The commission for personal discipleship.
- The support of worldwide evangelism through financial giving and sending of personnel.
- The Spiritual gifting of each believer for the work of ministry and the equipping of the saints.
- Personal integrity as a character quality in all aspects of life.
- The unity of the Church expressed through its diversity.
Come Visit Us!
We are located just off Highway 47 S in Mahomet
Directly behind Hill Animal Clinic
Address: 200 W. Washington St. Mahomet, IL 61853
Phone: (217) 586 – 5875